Wednesday, September 14, 2011

plea

Do Laundresses Still Exist?
Didn’t there used to be a job called “laundress”? Wasn’t it a job for a person who specialized in taking care of your clothes – washing, laundering, keeping them in order? Does it still exist?

I’ve been googling to try and find out, but no luck. I mean, to me it sounds like an obvious opportunity in this economy. Taking care of the clothes you have is better than just going out and picking up new items every season, and not wearing a good piece because it hasn’t been updated or is in slight disrepair. I think a lot of times, as Americans, we tend to just pitch things. That, or they sit in our closets for years, unworn.

Anyone have a lead for me? I’d love to find out if the job still exists in New York, or anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment