Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Supermarket Dried French Onion soup mix sour cream dip, is one of my favorite guilty pleasures: I have tried to make a home-made version but it is still alluding me... I tried dehydrating the onions a few ways but they are still too pungent when added to the sour cream.

However, playing around tonight I came up a great, version of another store bought favorite, Kraft Catalina dressing, yum.

Goes awesomely with a lettuce and canned tuna salad. My version is slightly less sweet than store bought, I can't see why this wouldn't have a decent shelf life made in advance and refrigerated...

In a blender about 3/4 cup of vinegar, 2Tbs of catsup, 2Tbs french mustard, 2Tbs honey, fresh lemon juice of 2 lemons, 2 Tbs paprika, 1 Tbs Turmeric, a pinch of chili flakes, 2 Tbs of Worcestershire, pinch of salt and pepper, plus a few sun-dried tomatoes pre-softened in heated olive oil...

Blend all ingredients in blender adding olive oil until creamy...

(all my measurements estimated.)

No comments:

Post a Comment